03 CL-S ESPECIALE? Odd Mods on your CLs!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 06:10 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
03 CL-S ESPECIALE? Odd Mods on your CLs!

Just getting into the forum and thought I'd start a thread on interesting mods. Whether you did them to your CL or someone else, let me know what fun, interesting, or odd mods have been done!

I'll start by saying I bought my 03 CL-S Auto back in early 2008. About 3 years ago, someone decided it would be a good idea to back up without looking where they were going, which happened to be into the passenger side of my CL... I got my CL repaired soon after, which included the whole rear quarter on the passenger side. While my CL was in the body shop, the techs couldn't take off the interior panels in the back seat, so they started digging around and found some wires that weren't stock. They cut the wires, supplied power to them, and POP, opened up the side panels on both sides of the back seat. They had been modified by the previous owner to hide stuff. I can only guess that the previous owner was a Mexican drug cartel member, considering I bought the car in L.A., and from an independent dealer (the kind that go to police auctions), and every CD in the 6 disc changer was all in Spanish.
I asked the body shop to leave the secret compartments in working order, and they were more than happy to!

That's my odd and interesting mod, lets hear what you guys have!
Old 04-24-2014, 08:58 PM
3.5 psi

Received 798 Likes on 636 Posts
Pics? I gotta see...
Old 04-24-2014, 10:46 PM
Safety Car

Received 214 Likes on 143 Posts
Seriously you've posted about your drug mule CL about a half dozen times. The least you could do is provide proof...
The following 2 users liked this post by Rapture:
AustinTaper (04-25-2014), Marcelechka (04-25-2014)
Old 04-25-2014, 10:38 AM
But I just got here

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Rapture
Seriously you've posted about your drug mule CL about a half dozen times. The least you could do is provide proof...
Old 04-25-2014, 04:58 PM
Intermediate

Well, I took pics of them, and did a short little video demonstration, but now I can't figure out how to put a pic into a new post.... So if you guys wanna see my drug mule car, help me figure out how to post pics.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:50 PM
'03 ABP YA4-S 6MT

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
video, upload to youtube

pics, upload to imgur.com
Old 04-25-2014, 06:45 PM
Intermediate

[IMG]03 CL-S ESPECIALE? Odd Mods on your CLs!-d0pmr5r.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]03 CL-S ESPECIALE? Odd Mods on your CLs!-kbssg8a.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]03 CL-S ESPECIALE? Odd Mods on your CLs!-girqcmj.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]03 CL-S ESPECIALE? Odd Mods on your CLs!-6ubcgrb.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]03 CL-S ESPECIALE? Odd Mods on your CLs!-72kehcu.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]03 CL-S ESPECIALE? Odd Mods on your CLs!-y0lvyss.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]03 CL-S ESPECIALE? Odd Mods on your CLs!-xy84lll.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]03 CL-S ESPECIALE? Odd Mods on your CLs!-dxcvnle.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]03 CL-S ESPECIALE? Odd Mods on your CLs!-hbwqxtd.jpg[/IMG]

So there's the pics! let me know what you think, it's a lot cooler in person, and I'll post a link to the video as soon as I get that up on youtube!
Old 04-25-2014, 07:20 PM
Intermediate

Not sure if the video will show up with the image tool, but if it doesn't, here is the link:
Old 04-25-2014, 07:25 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Rapture
And there you have it! I set up my imgur account and posted my first youtube video as well! So, now you can see my drug mule CL, or as I have recently come to call it... HEISENBERG "Say my name."
Old 04-25-2014, 08:05 PM
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Haven't seen that done...well at least in a CL

Congrads on a unique ride
Old 04-27-2014, 05:58 PM
Intermediate

Thanks, I love it. It's one of a kind!
[IMG]Attachment 106723[/IMG]

Sure, it looks pretty stock, but I'm sure that is what the cartel goes for. I haven't had the funds to do what I want to it, but it'll get there.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:33 PM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

Received 138 Likes on 124 Posts
Make use of those compartments a few times and you'll have your cash lol
Old 04-29-2014, 04:05 PM
Eurotrash

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts
I'm not buying the 'cartel' thing. This was some doofus previous owner who thought he'd be cool by installing a couple of hidden compartments.
If it were a professional drug smuggler, why bother having an electrical latch? More proof, please...?
Old 04-30-2014, 01:09 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Tosh
I'm not buying the 'cartel' thing. This was some doofus previous owner who thought he'd be cool by installing a couple of hidden compartments.
If it were a professional drug smuggler, why bother having an electrical latch? More proof, please...?
OK, I bought it in Los Angeles from some shady independent dealer, all 6 cd's in the disc changer were mexican hip hop, and there is a secret way to open the compartments (which the body shop who repaired my car figured out), just like on all cartel drug smuggling cars. Google drug smuggling cars, or cartel cars, you'll find all of them have secret ways to open them, with button sequences/magnetic bypass modules... etc. If you need more proof than that, then you can track down the previous owner for me and ask him what he used it for...

AND, Who, in their right mind, in southern California, is going to install secret compartments in their vehicle unless they are smuggling drugs for the cartel??

It is ILLEGAL to have a vehicle with secret compartments in the state of California, (This vehicle probably had been confiscated and sold in a police auction, the cops probably thought, "Why not make money on this car?? No one will find out about these secret compartments") had I known that this vehicle had secret compartments, I wouldn't have bought it. But now I live in Washington, and since I found out about them, and it isn't illegal in Washington, I keep it.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:22 AM
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Bu-bu-but, seriously!?!?!? While what you've provided may fool the most novices of disbelievers...Unless you provide us with a sworn affidavit of truth, signed AND notarized confessing to the conception, installation and usage of the aforementioned "drug smuggling compartments" along with the drug smuggler's name, current address, (or prison location) DOB, SSN,
(or green card) gang affiliation (such as tattoos) names of all aliases and known contacts...you're kidding yourself if ANYONE within the confines of their own right mind would ever conceivably believe anything you'd have to say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-30-2014, 09:32 AM
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Ill be the first to say that is pretty fresh!
The following users liked this post:
ashnashley87 (04-30-2014)
Old 04-30-2014, 11:21 AM
Eurotrash

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by ashnashley87
OK, I bought it in Los Angeles from some shady independent dealer, all 6 cd's in the disc changer were mexican hip hop, and there is a secret way to open the compartments (which the body shop who repaired my car figured out), just like on all cartel drug smuggling cars. Google drug smuggling cars, or cartel cars, you'll find all of them have secret ways to open them, with button sequences/magnetic bypass modules... etc. If you need more proof than that, then you can track down the previous owner for me and ask him what he used it for...

AND, Who, in their right mind, in southern California, is going to install secret compartments in their vehicle unless they are smuggling drugs for the cartel??

It is ILLEGAL to have a vehicle with secret compartments in the state of California, (This vehicle probably had been confiscated and sold in a police auction, the cops probably thought, "Why not make money on this car?? No one will find out about these secret compartments") had I known that this vehicle had secret compartments, I wouldn't have bought it. But now I live in Washington, and since I found out about them, and it isn't illegal in Washington, I keep it.
I agree that there is a lot of circumstantial evidence piled up for your case! And no doubt LAPD is capable of anything! Maybe you should have a drug sniffing dog inspect it for authenticity?
Old 04-30-2014, 11:39 AM
3.5 psi

Received 798 Likes on 636 Posts
Personally I don't give a shit about the origins of it. It's cool. Why is anyone arguing about something that can't be proven / disproven.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:43 AM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

Received 138 Likes on 124 Posts
Who cares if it is in fact a drug cartel car in its previous life. It honestly sounds like uhaters are jealous lol. Are YOU a smuggler lol

The compartments in that CL are miles ahead of many attempts smugglers make to move product under the radar. That was likely done when the car was new too so you are looking at a 10 year old smuggling technique. Even by today's standards that's a pretty substantial modification for a smuggling car.

Is it a fact no... Is it 90% likely a fact/a smugglers car. Yes.

So if I was an odds man. I would go with the 9/10

I wish I had those things in my car... Dunno what I'd need to put in there but it would be so cool.. I would rig a switch in the empty slot we have on the CL by the sunroof button area. I'd put in a tl fog light switch and that could pop them open in conjunction with a secondary switch that is hidden. Lol

Last edited by CL-S progression 01; 04-30-2014 at 11:45 AM.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:57 PM
Intermediate

Thanks

I agree that there is a lot of circumstantial evidence piled up for your case! And no doubt LAPD is capable of anything! Maybe you should have a drug sniffing dog inspect it for authenticity?
I have had the police look at it, they thought it was hella cool, and when I requested a drug sniffing dog, they said it would be highly unlikely that after years of not being used that there would be any residual scent.

Originally Posted by gnuts
Personally I don't give a shit about the origins of it. It's cool. Why is anyone arguing about something that can't be proven / disproven.
Thanks! Not arguing "per se", just wondering why these guys are being haters... Also, deductive reasoning dictates that this car, in southern California, is most likely a cartel car. Not a proven fact, but 90% likely, so that's what I'm going with.

Originally Posted by CL-S progression 01
Who cares if it is in fact a drug cartel car in its previous life. It honestly sounds like uhaters are jealous lol. Are YOU a smuggler lol

The compartments in that CL are miles ahead of many attempts smugglers make to move product under the radar. That was likely done when the car was new too so you are looking at a 10 year old smuggling technique. Even by today's standards that's a pretty substantial modification for a smuggling car.

Is it a fact no... Is it 90% likely a fact/a smugglers car. Yes.

So if I was an odds man. I would go with the 9/10

I wish I had those things in my car... Dunno what I'd need to put in there but it would be so cool.. I would rig a switch in the empty slot we have on the CL by the sunroof button area. I'd put in a tl fog light switch and that could pop them open in conjunction with a secondary switch that is hidden. Lol
Thanks, and yes, I don't have actual proof, so it isn't a proven fact... But is it 90% likely? I'd say yes, once again, deductive reasoning dictates... So it might not be a "Cartel Car", but it was used for illegal activity of some type...
Old 04-30-2014, 12:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Yea because someone goes thru all that effort just to make some hidden compartments for shits and grins to be cool
Old 04-30-2014, 01:29 PM
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by CL-S progression 01

I wish I had those things in my car...
agreed!

its the perfect location to keep things safe from anyone trying to get in the car. I remember buying my lady a ring a few weeks ago and I had more cash in the car than the car was worth... needless to say i would've been less stressed having a hidden compartment to hid the cash while at a business meeting.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:37 AM
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
I totally believe that it quite well could of been a smuggling car. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, most cases its a duck!

Plus haven't you guys seen Cops and drug bust shows on TV?

This is exactly the kind of compartments that they make...What gives it away for me is the special sequence need to open it and the CD's in the Dash!

I'm on your side I'm a believer!

By the way how do you open the panels. Is there a sequence or a button built in?

Last edited by johndo18; 05-02-2014 at 11:41 AM.