XS Power Headers for CLS6 are in STOCK! SOLID! AFFORDABLE!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 06:44 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XS Power Headers for CLS6 are in STOCK! SOLID! AFFORDABLE!

http://www.ssautochrome.com/level.itml/icOid/1494

I put the link up top, it's 4th down. I got word that they were selling them again from a youtube user and acurazine poster here's his video with the install.

First time i ordered of xspower, they refunded me the next day. But composedcardrive sent me to the link above. And i ordered again.

At first no problem, I got them shipped, however they sent me the wrong part. Obviously i was angry, but a customer service rep was ready to excahnge emails with me after a quick photo he realized yes they sent the wrong part. They then promptly sent me the new part as ordered. No charge to me, except the extra waiting...about an extra week.

REVIEW
First of all the price, $260 shipped, a great Christmas present to myself. haha.

They arrived in great packaging, yes from China, but they felt solid and the welds looked great. They had a nice big xs badge looked classy. (titanium induced ) 321 steel! apparently... Had the bend to compensate for the CLS6 motor mount. Took it to my honda/acura tuner shop. $220 installed.

I asked their opinions on quality and fit. They said the fit was spot on, and the quality of the welds was great, and the feel remarkably solid for the price.

How do they feel? Great! The extra torque and hp definitely are higher in the RPM range once VTEC kicks in paired with my AEM CAI, and LW pulleys, lots of grip from the drop and some decently sticky tires, it tears up through 2nd and 3rd is gone scary fast. I have stock exhaust so the growl comes up all engine and it is lovely.

I couldn't be happier.

Those who are looking for a Comptech alternative, for our beloved CLS6. I got AEM CAI, and Ralco RZ lightweight pulley set, Bilstein shocks, and Tein S tech springs with the savings.

As long as i shift better than they do, g35's and 350z's are left puzzled as I beat them/nose to nose them to 60-70. off a red light.

check 'em out!

Cheers

And safe driving!
Old 11-25-2012, 08:03 PM
FwC
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Post pics of what they sent you, I ordered from them back in August and had to battle out a refund cuz they sent me ebay-like crap. I lost out on shipping but got the refund as ordered by Paypal. I'm sick of stories like this back and forth with this shitty company. Hopefully they have turned their business around but I doubt it. I REALLY CAUTION ANYONE ELSE THAT WANTS TO DEAL WITH SSAUTOCHROME TO BE PREPARED FOR ANYTHING. I have since ordered DC Headers and will install them soon (I'm auto tranny so bend doesn't really affect me).
I'd like to see pics of the J-pipe they sent too, the one I got had 2 flexpipes and the headers weren't badged.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:09 PM
FwC
Instructor

Here's the flex pipe I got

Here's the exhaust headers

If you'd like to see copies of their shi*** e-mail replies I have some of those saved too.

Last edited by FwC; 11-25-2012 at 08:11 PM. Reason: added text
Old 11-25-2012, 09:52 PM
Membistered Regember

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by FwC
Here's the flex pipe I got

Here's the exhaust headers

If you'd like to see copies of their shi*** e-mail replies I have some of those saved too.

THat's fucked up thats the auto version , looks like ebay too!

i agree, OP POST PICTUREs

and Lol this was the same youtube video that encouraged me to buy anacura cl type s, i still see my comments lol
Old 11-25-2012, 10:16 PM
Membistered Regember

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
also noob question:

If i ever find aftermarket headers, will they bolt on to the stock catalytic converter?

if not what size of an adapter
or what size of an after market cat will i have to get?
2.25 2.5?
Old 11-25-2012, 10:36 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 574 Likes on 409 Posts
lol this video is downhill lmao
Old 11-25-2012, 10:36 PM
10th Gear

hey yeah, i know i swear they sent me some random ass shit the first time...really upset. but like i said my customer service guy took care of me...

here are some pics, sorry i dont have any better, and now they're bolted on but i can take some installed pics.

XS Power Headers for CLS6 are in STOCK! SOLID! AFFORDABLE!-h1ida.jpg

they were very hefty, solid, welds looked good, xs branded.

XS Power Headers for CLS6 are in STOCK! SOLID! AFFORDABLE!-vybm6.jpg

Yeah the guy in the youtube vid is a nice guy! They tell me they have plenty of these in stock for you. The customer service on my end was great, given the situation, and fast. again...All I can say is I have the headers now, and they make a big difference.

Ask for Rich, he'll take care of you.

cheers guys
Old 11-26-2012, 01:43 AM
FwC
Instructor

^^^^ Yea that's legit right there. The way you're bringing it back from the dead; I think you're in cahoots with SSAutochrome.

Still I urge all buyers to beware! Those guys over there are scammers and will dupe you out of your money any chance they get. I went through BBB with them and eventually Paypal who ruled in my favor.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:46 AM
FwC
Instructor

Originally Posted by teazalamode

Ask for Rich, he'll take care of you.

cheers guys
BAHAHAHA ask for (insert name here). Back when I was dealing with them, they ignored every phone call I made and took a week to reply to my e-mails.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:19 AM
Unregistered Member

Received 555 Likes on 445 Posts
Interesting. Maybe if someone with more than 9 posts can confirm, I might jump on it.

That company is complete garbage though. Complete scammers.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:42 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Karanx7
Interesting. Maybe if someone with more than 9 posts can confirm, I might jump on it.

That company is complete garbage though. Complete scammers.
Ouch, sorry i don't have 1000's of posts. I love the community, just Kind of a lurker...Had my cls6 for 2 years now, joined back in march 2010 when i got her. new bumper, and few mods, a few speeding tickets later here i am.

But I had a positive experience. with XS.

Ordered Took a 1 week to get the wrong part. It was about 1 week of silence, and contemplating BBB and the next steps (INSANELY FURIOUS). Then 1 week of back and forth emails. Then about 2 weeks to reship.

I always thought it was fishy that there was no customer service number.

Yes He did ask if i belonged to this forum. And asked to write an honest review of what i thought. So I did.

I have his number in one of these e-mails, i'll post it, then you can call him directly.

I think it's a no brainer! And we all love zombies, coming back from the dead is no big deal.

cheers guys

-Tim

oh yeah, drive responsibly
Old 11-27-2012, 01:34 AM
FwC
Instructor

You can tell your friend [Rick] that SS Autochrome already has a bad reputation and your "honest" review won't do them any good because everyone already knows that all they're in for is aggravation and a run-around. Seriously tell him I said that and if he'd like to rebuttal, he's welcome to come to the forum and explain why I didn't get my XS headers and why they said I got the right part when it was clearly an Ebay knockoff (see pictures from post #3). I'll take a set of his headers if he refunds me my $38 it cost me to ship their crap back to them. Seriously, stop trying to defend a company that makes a living off scamming and deceiving hard working people for their hard-earned money. The damage has been done. Clearly he knows about the forum and if he's serious about getting business from Acurazine users then he can be a customer service rep and deal with us directly. At least then we can associate an identity to the company that becomes a ghost when customer service is needed.
If you can't tell this makes me very angry and I still advise everyone to save all documentation and get a confirmation of what you're getting from SS Autochrome or Rick before putting your money on it. I thank teazalamode for his pics because you can use these photos to confirm the item you'll be receiving and if it's anything different, you have a solid case with Paypal.
I hope this company [SS Autochrome/XS Power] goes out of business and/or Paypal denies them service.
This is capitalism and consumers have the power, especially over scamming, negligent, deceiving, deceptive, crooked, lying, insincere, and thieving companies like them.

-Frank
The following users liked this post:
StreetKA (11-27-2012)
Old 11-27-2012, 02:18 AM
AM To WDP In My Garage

Received 102 Likes on 97 Posts
Old 11-27-2012, 08:33 AM
Chapter Leader (Southeast Region)

Received 451 Likes on 394 Posts
Originally Posted by acura_dipset_tl
x2
Old 11-27-2012, 12:11 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,413 Likes on 3,023 Posts
Sad to see they've gone downhill. I had a great experience when I got my SSAutochrome headers 5 or 6 years back, just installed them this summer, and they work flawlessly
Old 11-27-2012, 01:36 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by FwC
You can tell your friend [Rick] that SS Autochrome already has a bad reputation and your "honest" review won't do them any good because everyone already knows that all they're in for is aggravation and a run-around. Seriously tell him I said that and if he'd like to rebuttal, he's welcome to come to the forum and explain why I didn't get my XS headers and why they said I got the right part when it was clearly an Ebay knockoff (see pictures from post #3). I'll take a set of his headers if he refunds me my $38 it cost me to ship their crap back to them. Seriously, stop trying to defend a company that makes a living off scamming and deceiving hard working people for their hard-earned money. The damage has been done. Clearly he knows about the forum and if he's serious about getting business from Acurazine users then he can be a customer service rep and deal with us directly. At least then we can associate an identity to the company that becomes a ghost when customer service is needed.
If you can't tell this makes me very angry and I still advise everyone to save all documentation and get a confirmation of what you're getting from SS Autochrome or Rick before putting your money on it. I thank teazalamode for his pics because you can use these photos to confirm the item you'll be receiving and if it's anything different, you have a solid case with Paypal.
I hope this company [SS Autochrome/XS Power] goes out of business and/or Paypal denies them service.
This is capitalism and consumers have the power, especially over scamming, negligent, deceiving, deceptive, crooked, lying, insincere, and thieving companies like them.

-Frank
Hey Frank,

I totally feel you, he should definitely defend his company and his customer service. He's the one to the defend the company, not me.

However, this is my "honest" review. With no sugarcoating. Started shaky, in the end it worked out. If i went through what you went through, Frank? then hell yeah, I'd be as irate as ever.

I'll see if Rich can nut up and jump on the forums

And i will definitely copy and paste your post, Frank, hope it works out for you.

His reaction will certainly tell us a lot about the company as a whole.

-Tim
Old 11-27-2012, 02:51 PM
FwC
Instructor

Good man Tim. Nothing against you, it just seemed a little ill-timed considering the subject matter. The thing is, this company has a history or "I've got what you want" and not delivering. This sort of thing comes up with SS Autochrome every few months where one person gets a good set [of headers] and the others that follow get crap or are told the item is out of stock. IIRC there are a few others on the forum that have been through the same thing as me.
I don't want anything from their company, our transaction has come and gone and based on that transaction, there's nothing I want to do with them except to warn others about their mischievous ways. Here was their reply to my BBB inquiry. (BTW BBB is a useless organization, they said I ended up satisfied with the transaction! Then again they aren't BBB accredited anyways; yet BBB still gives them a A+ rating! Whatta joke).
"RECEIVE BUSINESS RESPONSE : Contact Name and Title: TONYA HERRING
Contact Phone: 919-528-1739
Contact Email: relentlessp69@yahoo.com
WE SENT THE CORRECT HEADERS"

I've included the name and contact e-mail from my inquiry file, it doesn't show it on this site.
I love how they addressed the issue by stating it in all caps. That contact phone number is their listed fax number. Joke of a business and a paper giant of an organization.
-Frank
Cite:
http://www.bbb.org/raleigh-durham/bu...ints#breakdown
Old 11-27-2012, 03:13 PM
I Wanna Beer

Received 108 Likes on 88 Posts
Bought some for $89 a couple years back. Ended up selling them for $300 instead of putting them on.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:34 AM
Unregistered Member

Originally Posted by TheWeez
Bought some for $89 a couple years back. Ended up selling them for $300 instead of putting them on.
Very important point as well. The mark up on the headers is ridiculous. They used to sell them for $130 shipped.

Now selling them for $260? A little ridiculous.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:37 AM
I Wanna Beer

Very important point as well. The mark up on the headers is ridiculous. They used to sell them for $130 shipped.

Now selling them for $260? A little ridiculous.
Not sure I'd say that. That was many years ago. Cost of materials has gone way up since. Many members have them and they've lasted years with no issues. That previous price was insanely low. So low that it made many people weary of them. You just don't see headers at that price for any vehicles. There aren't any other options for even near the new price.

I know of many products where increasing the price has actually increased sales as there is a natural expectation of higher worth to an item with a higher price.

For $260, they're still a hell of a deal.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:47 AM
Unregistered Member

Not sure I'd say that. That was many years ago. Cost of materials has gone way up since. Many members have them and they've lasted years with no issues. That previous price was insanely low. So low that it made many people weary of them. You just don't see headers at that price for any vehicles. There aren't any other options for even near the new price.

I know of many products where increasing the price has actually increased sales as there is a natural expectation of higher worth to an item with a higher price.

For $260, they're still a hell of a deal.
No, they really aren't. Cost of materials has gone up sure, but it still costs them less than $50 to produce each set.

I'm not saying it's not profitable for them, I'm saying it's a ripoff. Of course they will make more money selling them for $300 as opposed to $100.

They also make plenty of money by shipping shit eBay headers, and even just not sending anything at all.

Natural expectation of higher quality with higher price? You realize that doesn't actually make them better quality, right? Just makes them more money.

Business is one thing, but it's another when they just send wrong shit and you have to pay extra to get what you already over payed for.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:12 AM
I Wanna Beer

No, they really aren't. Cost of materials has gone up sure, but it still costs them less than $50 to produce each set.

I'm not saying it's not profitable for them, I'm saying it's a ripoff. Of course they will make more money selling them for $300 as opposed to $100.

They also make plenty of money by shipping shit eBay headers, and even just not sending anything at all.

Natural expectation of higher quality with higher price? You realize that doesn't actually make them better quality, right? Just makes them more money.

Business is one thing, but it's another when they just send wrong shit and you have to pay extra to get what you already over payed for.
Then why aren't you bitching and crying about Comptech headers that cost $1200? Or DC that cost $600?

I'm done. As I said, lots of people here have them and are perfectly happy with them. They're the best deal out there by far. If you have an issue with it, great but no one else seems to mind the price.
97BlackAckCL (11-29-2012)
Old 11-29-2012, 11:38 AM
2nd Gear

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Everyone,

My name is Justin and I work for XS Power / SSAC. As I don't know the circumstances on everyone's individual experiences with us, I make it my personal goal to make sure every customer is happy. This includes answering emails / text messages in all hours of the day and night (in fact, I sold an intake manifold for a Supra to a customer last night at midnight). I am lucky enough to enjoy what I do every day so I try to pass that along.

I would like to apologize to anyone who has had complications with us in the past and I ask that they give us another chance. Below is my contact information. Feel free to contact me with any questions, to place orders, or if you have an unresolved issue with us. I will look into it and do my best to provide a solution.

Thanks,
Justin

E-Mail: xspowerj@gmail.com
AIM: XSPowerJ
Phone: (480) 269-3017

Note: E-mail / AIM is usually the fastest way to get ahold of me.
The following 5 users liked this post by XSPower:
97BlackAckCL (11-29-2012), bwhiting (11-29-2012), FwC (11-29-2012), JCharged (11-29-2012), Karanx7 (11-29-2012)
Old 11-29-2012, 04:35 PM
FwC
Instructor

Well looks like it worked. Glad to see a you making a presence (and making yourself available). Seems genuine and I hope you stay dedicated to customer service.

While you're here, can you offer an explanation for my experience in post #3? Since the response I received was, "WE SENT THE CORRECT HEADERS".

Last edited by FwC; 11-29-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:15 PM
Unregistered Member

Then why aren't you bitching and crying about Comptech headers that cost $1200? Or DC that cost $600?

I'm done. As I said, lots of people here have them and are perfectly happy with them. They're the best deal out there by far. If you have an issue with it, great but no one else seems to mind the price.
Because CT answers emails. Because CT doesn't send wrong parts. Because DC will send you new headers if there is a defect. The price isn't the problem. It's the service behind the price. Risking $260 with a company that has been removed from eBay for scamming seems silly. $130, sure why not.

Now that they have shown some change, $260 seems like a fine price. Assuming of course they are indeed sending out headers and responding to problems.

Yea, you are done.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:59 PM
10th Gear

There we go, looks like we're getting some action here! Glad to see that we can get you to jump on the foums XS power!

My customer service experience, well...like I said, It started shaky but ended positive.

I also hope that your commitment to customer service is genuine. And I hope the next fellow acuraziners that make the leap, also have a positive experience!

Peace!
Old 11-29-2012, 09:50 PM
Chapter Leader (Southeast Region)

Received 451 Likes on 394 Posts
I only payed 300$ for my dc sport headers but they don't fit 6 speeds. I will say I had a problem and they shipped me a brand new set. Wonderful customer service on there part and I couldn't be happier since I installed them.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:21 PM
I Wanna Beer

Because CT answers emails. Because CT doesn't send wrong parts. Because DC will send you new headers if there is a defect. The price isn't the problem. It's the service behind the price. Risking $260 with a company that has been removed from eBay for scamming seems silly. $130, sure why not.

Now that they have shown some change, $260 seems like a fine price. Assuming of course they are indeed sending out headers and responding to problems.

Yea, you are done.
HAHAHAH! So because a company that most people will never have to email, will reply a little faster, that's worth paying 4x more? I see.

I don't want to hear you complain about Apple charging 4x more for RAM in their machines than what you pay on Amazon because they've been the #1 ranked customer service for almost 10 years now. That alone obviously justifies the price.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:11 AM
FwC
Instructor

HAHAHAH! So because a company that most people will never have to email, will reply a little faster, that's worth paying 4x more? I see.

I don't want to hear you complain about Apple charging 4x more for RAM in their machines than what you pay on Amazon because they've been the #1 ranked customer service for almost 10 years now. That alone obviously justifies the price.
You're argument doesn't make much sense. It's called customer service. Before they [XS Power SSAC] had none, now they are showing some initiative, responsiveness, and responsibility.
Regarding their price, you should understand that this is why companies are failing in America left and right. They focus on quality (usually) and spend a lot on R&D. When products are priced for release they must recoup those costs. This company simply took the initiative to take a quality product and copy it so they don't have to recoup those costs. I agree $1200 is more pricey, but they have a company to operate. The same thing is going to happen if/when JCharged finalizes the headers him and his fab/test group have been developing.

EDIT: I'd say that the price increase has more to do with international tariffs and import regulation/licensing than the cost of production from the firm overseas. They import via port and I'm sure port fees and all that bureaucratic stuff is what's caused the price increase.

Last edited by FwC; 11-30-2012 at 12:16 AM.
JCharged (11-30-2012)
Old 11-30-2012, 12:21 AM
FwC
Instructor

Originally Posted by XSPower
Thanks,
Justin

E-Mail: xspowerj@gmail.com
AIM: XSPowerJ
Phone: (480) 269-3017

Note: E-mail / AIM is usually the fastest way to get ahold of me.
I noticed you're repping 480 which is not the area code for Creedmoor, NC; which is where the company is located. . . interesting.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:01 AM
Unregistered Member

Weird, I thought you said you were done?

Again, your logic is flawed. Are you comparing XS quality to CT? Lol, that's funny. CT also doesn't just scam your money. I'm all for this "new" XS service, especially with the AZine post. I'll probably buy a set too. Still, that's strictly because of the supposedly improved customer service.

You should quit while you're behind.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:37 AM
2nd Gear

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FwC
Well looks like it worked. Glad to see a you making a presence (and making yourself available). Seems genuine and I hope you stay dedicated to customer service.

While you're here, can you offer an explanation for my experience in post #3? Since the response I received was, "WE SENT THE CORRECT HEADERS".
Sorry for the delay in my response. I will add this site to my list of forums to check multiple times a day.

I was not with the company in August when you placed your order. Please email me (xspowerj@gmail.com) with the emails and any other information you have in regards to the order, and I will go back and try to figure out what happened / why you got the responses (or lack there of) that you did.

As I said before, I understand that some of you are still skeptical as you've had or witnessed a bad experience with us in the past. I ask you to give us another chance. Please contact me directly if you need anything.

- Justin
Old 11-30-2012, 05:32 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
I guess I was one of the lucky people who got good set of XSpower header back in the days went the price was $120. I purchase total of 4 set of header during a 1 year span for customers, friend an me.

Just my own feedback
Old 11-30-2012, 05:53 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
Sad to see they've gone downhill. I had a great experience when I got my SSAutochrome headers 5 or 6 years back, just installed them this summer, and they work flawlessly
Originally Posted by AznWay
I guess I was one of the lucky people who got good set of XSpower header back in the days went the price was $120. I purchase total of 4 set of header during a 1 year span for customers, friend an me.

Just my own feedback
I got 2 good sets from XS Power back in the day as well. My first set is still holding up fine after ~140k miles; sold the second set a few years ago realizing a backup wasn't needed at that point. I even remember contacting them with questions during/after my orders and having no problems.

Nothing wrong with good feedback from personal experience.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:21 AM
CL-S 6Speed is rarely in

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Headers

I gotta put my input here as well. I bought my set from SSautochrome four years ago for $120 shipped to my door. They were here in less than a week the the mounting was flawless. I wrapped mine in exhaust wrap per suggestion on this site.

Only piece I didn't use from the kit was the header gaskets. I ordered new ones from Acura. I love em. They sound great and the bang for the buck is unbelievable. My J pipe only has one flex section. This section did however crack and a new flex section was cut in.

I don't think it was a quality issue however. The shop that did my trans work did some crappy work and I believe they may have installed it improperly. I cracked two days after I recieved the car back. Also to note they were only shipping out 6 speed headers before because they fit all models.

I installed them when the car had 47,000 miles. It now has 127,000 and counting.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:35 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Anyone else have any recent feedback on these headers?
I'd like to buy them if they are decent but just weary I'd get stuck with a useless heap of metal if they turn out to be junk
Old 03-24-2014, 09:21 AM
Intermediate

I just ordered a set of these XS Power headers yesterday. I emailed them to see if they had them in stock and if a tracking number would sent to me. I got a quick reply a few hours later saying he had some in stock and it would ship right away. I'll let you guys know how everything goes for me. Hoping for a positive experience. Lol
Old 03-24-2014, 10:25 AM
Unregistered Member

Originally Posted by Matt Mergenthal
I just ordered a set of these XS Power headers yesterday. I emailed them to see if they had them in stock and if a tracking number would sent to me. I got a quick reply a few hours later saying he had some in stock and it would ship right away. I'll let you guys know how everything goes for me. Hoping for a positive experience. Lol
We found the source of the XS-P headers, and they cost about $100 from China. Another company SRS is selling the same headers from the same source for about $170 on eBay, in case anyone else cares to save about $130.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:15 PM
Cruisin'

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
I bought the XS Power headers for my 94 accord with j32 6spd swap...
I gotta say the customer service was excellent, they replied to my emails right away and answered all my questions.
I would definitely recommend doing business with them, email them before placing an order to make sure they have the headers in stock since they sell out fast.
this headers upgraded and much better from the old design
as you can see the rear manifold would clear the mount on the 6spd CL...

excellent quality, perfect fitment even though i have a swap i had no issues installing them.

anyway, my motor it's stock, just had intake, j35 intake manifold and 2.5 exhaust, it was putting down 241whp/221tq.
with the XS Power headers i gained 16whp and 5tq, now i'm at 257whp/226tq
The motor its on the stock ecu, for sure it would be making way more power if it was tuned...

here are some pics of the headers on my accord.

and the video
Old 03-24-2014, 01:27 PM
Intermediate

I just tried looking for SRS on eBay and the only thing I could find looked different.. How do you know they're the same?

Quick Reply: XS Power Headers for CLS6 are in STOCK! SOLID! AFFORDABLE!