from 03 cls auto to 04 TL 6 speed and now...

Old 04-04-2014, 12:32 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by brian6speed
Tl has electric steering, yuck(cl has hydraulic, much better feel). Tl has drive by wire, yuck(cl has cable throttle which I prefer. Better throttle response and easier to mod. There must be a reason pagani uses a cable throttle on pagani zonda r. Tl has the exhaust manifold built into the heads, yuck. Cl uses real headers that make more power. My cl can do 0-60 in 5 sec flat. With the cl you don't have to worry about your dash cracking like the tl, or the compliance bushings that need to be replaced every 50k miles or less.

I have driven both cars and prefer the cl. They are both good cars though. The way you typed tells me you are just biased towards tl because you own one.

Tl has a few more tech goodies and headlights, but I do not care for that. I hate all the electronics and beeping noises on new cars.
A lot of fast cars use drive by wire. BMW being one of them in the M5, is that bad too? You seem like the biggest CL cheerleader. The fact is that the Acura CL is now an old looking car with no aftermarket support.

If you knew anything about professional racing, you would know electronics have a big part.

And no, your old Acura CL cannot do a 5 second 0-60. Anytime you make an absurd statement such as that you should have some proof to back it up.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:59 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
While I have never driven a 04 TL-S 6speed I have driven 07 TL-S auto and I owned an 2008 base TL and I agree the interior is nicer but the drive does feel disconnected from the road when comparing to the CL. Again its each persons personal preference but in regards to the performance feel I will take the CL over the TL.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
Originally Posted by brian6speed
Tl has electric steering, yuck(cl has hydraulic, much better feel). Tl has drive by wire, yuck(cl has cable throttle which I prefer. Better throttle response and easier to mod. There must be a reason pagani uses a cable throttle on pagani zonda r. Tl has the exhaust manifold built into the heads, yuck. Cl uses real headers that make more power. My cl can do 0-60 in 5 sec flat. With the cl you don't have to worry about your dash cracking like the tl, or the compliance bushings that need to be replaced every 50k miles or less.

I have driven both cars and prefer the cl. They are both good cars though. The way you typed tells me you are just biased towards tl because you own one.

Tl has a few more tech goodies and headlights, but I do not care for that. I hate all the electronics and beeping noises on new cars.
are you full of crap? (oh wait, yes you are)

the 04 TL has hydraulic power steering
the 04 TL 6speed has a 5.7 sec 0-60 (thank you Car and Driver) that is better than the 6.3 for the CL-S manual (again, thank you Car and Driver)

The 04 TL handles nearly identical to the CL-S as it uses nearly the same suspension setup as the previous cars

So given the better performance and more tech goodies, I would take an 04 TL 6MT over a 03 CLS 6MT ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.

Bluetooth? Check
Projectors? Check
Easier entry into back seats? Check
Better stereo? Check
larger brakes? Check
Trip Computer? Check
Maint. Minder? Check
Same comfortable seats? Check

oh and speaking of performance enhancements pre-cat delete and straight/j pipe = 40 hp......
Old 04-04-2014, 06:35 PM
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
I actually just bought a 05 TL 6mt last weekend. I also own a 03 CLS6 and I can agree the CL does feel more raw. Flooring the TL just isnt as dramatic or thrilling compared to flooring the CL. Maybe when I get the exhaust done on the TL that will help some but for comparison I do think the CL is a more fun car. Now don't get me wrong, I love my new TL and all it has to offer, it's a really great car but I will slightly miss my CL when I sell it.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:42 AM
Suzuka Master

^ they revised the suspension in 05 to soften the ride somewhat....the 04 has the same raw feel to it (read harsh if you do not like sporty) while it really does not affect the acceleration per se (number wise) it does have a different "feel" to it when you romp on the throttle. I remember having a 05 TL auto as a loaner and I asked the dealer if there was something wrong with the car as it was softer than the 04 TL

also the 04+ TL VSA can use all 4 brakes the control the car vs the front 2 on the CL
Old 04-05-2014, 11:54 PM
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by YeuEmMaiMai
are you full of crap? (oh wait, yes you are)

the 04 TL has hydraulic power steering
the 04 TL 6speed has a 5.7 sec 0-60 (thank you Car and Driver) that is better than the 6.3 for the CL-S manual (again, thank you Car and Driver)

The 04 TL handles nearly identical to the CL-S as it uses nearly the same suspension setup as the previous cars

So given the better performance and more tech goodies, I would take an 04 TL 6MT over a 03 CLS 6MT ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.

Bluetooth? Check
Projectors? Check
Better stereo? Check
larger brakes? Check
Trip Computer? Check
Maint. Minder? Check

oh and speaking of performance enhancements pre-cat delete and straight/j pipe = 40 hp......

I don't think he's full of crap...if anything maybe he's just misinformed.
All that can change with just a drop of humility (which you lack) and some information which you supplied.

Fact is dude Brian prefers a CL, as do I.
Do I like the fact my CLS6 doesn't have newer tech? Nope.

Car and Driver citations? Bench race much?
The TL is a great 4 door no doubt about it.

Better than * ?
That depends on who thinks which feature set is better to them.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:28 PM
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
I don't see why the CLS6 vs. 3GTL is still going on. He just made the thread to introduce himself and his new CL.

It's not like at Azine meets we sit there and bicker about which car is better. We're all in the same family, both great cars, enough said.
The following 2 users liked this post by 01CLinprocess:
horsepowercrzy18 (04-06-2014), MTEAZY (04-06-2014)
Old 04-06-2014, 03:12 PM
brahs be jelly

Received 247 Likes on 169 Posts
Bluetooth? Check
Projectors? Check
Better stereo? Check
larger brakes? Check
Trip Computer? Check
Maint. Minder? Check
Apart from the brakes, a new Elantra has all these features and more. Elantra >>>>>>>> 3G.
The following users liked this post:
CleanCLS6 (04-06-2014)
Old 04-09-2014, 12:46 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by CleanCLS6
I don't think he's full of crap...if anything maybe he's just misinformed.
All that can change with just a drop of humility (which you lack) and some information which you supplied.

Fact is dude Brian prefers a CL, as do I.
Do I like the fact my CLS6 doesn't have newer tech? Nope.

Car and Driver citations? Bench race much?
The TL is a great 4 door no doubt about it.

Better than * ?
That depends on who thinks which feature set is better to them.
obviously you have not been around that guy much and talk about having humility...lol

so why don't you do a little search on him and find out what's up before you open your mouth and start talking eh?
Old 04-09-2014, 01:23 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
obviously you have not been around that guy much and talk about having humility...lol

so why don't you do a little search on him and find out what's up before you open your mouth and start talking eh?
It's a matter of opinion and everyone has there own I've been around here awhile and I don't think you or anyone else should be calling anyone full of crap I'm betting you wouldn't say it to his face so don't say on the internet.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:46 PM
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sweet deal

Only 80 k on the engine? Man you have another 200k to go. How much did you pay for that bad boy?