XS Power Headers for CLS6 are in STOCK! SOLID! AFFORDABLE!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 01:53 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 555 Likes on 445 Posts
Here's a couple links:
First:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SRS-Honda-Accord-1998-2002-3-0L-V6-J30A1-Stainless-Steel-Headers-Downpipe-SR-S-/261348510257?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cd995ca31&vxp=mtr
Second:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SRS-Full-T-3...595b8f&vxp=mtr

They're the same because they both came from the same manufacturing company in China. Plus you can look at them, and they are identical to the XS-P headers. Just about $100 cheaper.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:53 AM
Cruisin'

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
I spoke with XS Power and from what i was told their factory don't make headers for anyone else, the SR-S headers are not quite the same... the stainless and braided flex are different
and they are not $100 cheaper either, XS Power are $260 and those are $210... you'd save 50 bucks but won't get the same quality headers like XS... my 2 cents

Also XS Power will give you a discount if you mention ACURAZINE when you place an order
Old 03-28-2014, 11:42 AM
Unregistered Member

Received 555 Likes on 445 Posts
Originally Posted by h22cd7
I spoke with XS Power and from what i was told their factory don't make headers for anyone else, the SR-S headers are not quite the same... the stainless and braided flex are different
and they are not $100 cheaper either, XS Power are $260 and those are $210... you'd save 50 bucks but won't get the same quality headers like XS... my 2 cents

Also XS Power will give you a discount if you mention ACURAZINE when you place an order
You are incorrect.

We have confirmed from the manufacturer that they are selling to XS-P. They are currently the ONLY factory making 6 speed headers, so it's really not hard to tell. The flex pipe is exactly the same, idk what you're talking about.

The XS-P headers are pretty poor quality in the first place, but the SRS headers are exactly the same so it just comes down to price.

Just think about it. XS-P isn't a big enough company to get exclusivity on a factory scale production.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
h22cd7 did your Xs power Header have any logo on it? just wondering

Also do the SR*S have logo on them? B/c i know alot the cheap copycat header have no logo on them
Old 03-29-2014, 12:07 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by AznWay
h22cd7 did your Xs power Header have any logo on it? just wondering

Also do the SR*S have logo on them? B/c i know alot the cheap copycat header have no logo on them
Yes they have a logo on both front and rear manifolds

The following users liked this post:
HinesShvines (03-31-2014)
Old 03-31-2014, 08:22 PM
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How much was install or can I do it myself?? I'm not a mechanic but I know enough and I've done headers a few times. As long as the bend is there I don't have to get it made.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:37 AM
Cruisin'

its a pretty simple install, the headers are designed for a CL/Accord so it will all bolt on without having to modify anything.
they all have the bend for the 6spd mount so you'd be fine
Old 04-01-2014, 02:51 PM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

Received 138 Likes on 124 Posts
Header install is a 2 hr job if u got all the tools and don't run into and bolt issues. I did my comptech headers which I bought used from a local aziner in about 90 mins with a mangled hand, but I was hell bent on getting it done and nothing was gonna stop me. The day before I did the install I checked the bolts on the cat to make sure I could get them off or I would have bought new ones and had them there for a smooth install. I also sprayed pb blaster on the header bolts, flange bolts and the cat bolts.

The install was really smooth, but to get the new headers in iirc I had to do it from under the car and put it in upside down and then carefully flip it once I was past the crossmember.
The front I believe I did from the top and just kinda squeezed it in. I did not remove anything to do the install. U may want a mat or sleeping bag to rest on the motor when u are doing up the bolts on the rear. I am short so maybe it was just me but I had to dig in there and having something other than a manifold to lay on woulda been nice.

As for xs headers I don't have any experience with them. I will say the stories I read about from them and, ebay worried me. Prior reading them however I ended up buying a pair off ebay claiming to be obx ceramic coated, it came in an obx box with ss header instructions..?.. I did not even bother putting them on upon receiving them, the welds were all over the place, and it just looked like a problem waiting to go on my car. So I sold them. Waited for the comptech headers to surface and pounced on them. The welds are impeccable, exactly what u would expect from a quality product. I spent 4 on the header and then 150 on header wrap and double layer the headers all the way to the cat. With the exception of the flex pipe... Which has not need repair by the way. I reused my gaskets for the headers at the heads but used new ones where they meet the down pipe. And at the cat I just used automotive copper silicon after cleaning the flange for debris and grease. It has held up perfectly. I also installed my tc mufflers with the same silicon and 3 years it's been perfect. That stuff is underrated.